When you can´t breathe, nothing else matters.
Our vision at Breas is to provide innovative solutions that enable people with chronic respiratory conditions to live life to the fullest.
We are looking for a Service Engineer who wants to make an impact and change the world of ventilation for the better.
At Breas Medical, you will get the chance to work on projects of high importance that improve our end users quality of life. Working at Breas Medical will most likely be a new, impactful chapter of your life, and be a great opportunity for growth.
As one of our key talents, you will be joining Breas at a very exciting stage of our journey. We have just launched two new product series within our Vivo range, with a total of seven new ventilator products. These new products enable us in our strive to be our customers preferred choice and the global market leader within the mechanical ventilator product segment.
This exciting position is within our Technical Services department based at the Breas North Billerica, MA location.
From our Z2 CPAP to iSleep to Nippy to Vivo, Breas Medical provides a full line of innovative respiratory medical devices to our patients. As we are embracing another stage of fast expansion, we are looking for a Service Engineer to join our forward-thinking team. The successful candidate will be a member of the Services team to support existing product improvements and new product transfer at Breas Medical’s facility in Billerica, MA. We provide the tools and time to learn, make mistakes, and grow with us!
- Maintain and develop excellent technical and application knowledge relevant to Breas’ full line of respiratory products
- Provide technical and application support to internal and external customers, on VIVO Ventilators, Z1 and Z2 CPAP devices, and connectivity software applications such as EveryWare, Nitelog and other products/applications
- Work with cross-functional team to support the creation of EveryWare Technical Sales & Marketing documents and tools, e.g. Training materials, Webinars, Simulation programs
- Support new product launch, set up new user accounts and troubleshoot technical issues for new users
- Provide training to service technician, support complaint/return handling, investigation, repair/rework and testing activities, and ERP system
- Optimize process flow for technical service, including procedure, records, and JIRA system
- Troubleshooting problems in technical service by investigating issues related to product performance or service/repair difficulties
- Perform verification and validation studies by following protocols
- Assisting in the execution of assigned engineering change projects
B.S., B.E. or a related degree is preferred, but not required. If no degree, 3-5 years experience related to medical device service and repairs required
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and independently
- Experienced in – Cloud Solutions, remote monitoring, telemonitoring (preferred)
- Experience in the medical device industry - in field/commercial experience (preferred)
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and strong team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable in creating training materials and presenting to large groups of medical professionals
- Teaching ability: be competent in presenting complex material
- Creative, flexible and well-organized
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be prepared to travel across the US
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Track and document all issues
- Log all customer interactions by using JIRA or other Issue Management Software